Alternative ideas to drive grain mills
Grain mill ideas from around the world where alternative power mechanisms are used to mill the flour.
Motorized mills which have exposed belt drives as these are unsafe, especially for our children.
Here are some mill ideas to consider.
1. Cycle powered mill with flexidrive
2. Electric powered mill
3. Mill powered by hand-held power drill
4. Water powered grain mill
5. Another water powered grain mill
6. Bicycle pedal power drive
7. Bicycle pedal power Universal machine
8. Cycle powered grain mill
9. Modified Rebekah Mill
For all you who bought a Rebekah Mill I have great news. You can power your hand-mill with an electric drill, pedal power or with a 2nd hand washing machine motor. Here’s how it’s done.
Remove the handle
The mill below has the exact same drive.
10. Exercycle Pedal power Grain Mill
This is my favourite. Works when there’s no power. Way easier than hand power. I am making one and have bought a used Exercycle for NZD $20 from the recycle shop.