This year, your family Christmas gifts can be items for emergency 7 day evacuation pack and self-reliance products. They need not be new. At Family Home Evening, make a list of what each family member might need to be self reliant. Exchange lists with each family member. Take a food storage inventory and buy family gifts of food storage. Gift wrap to put under your tree. It’s a Christmas like no other. Help other families into self reliance.
Food storage items can be your low-cost ‘Christmas umbrella’ to protect families and individuals against the darkening storms of economic climate ahead.
1. Make a list of food storage items each person needs.
2. Have a Family Home Evening making ‘wish lists’ of what each person needs to add to their 7 day Go-Pak.
1. Brilliant photo “Its a wild world” (child under an umbrella in a storm) by lighthack, http://www.flickr.com/photos/lighthack/5465360178/
2. Photo of gift wrapped bottle of cooking oil by Scrappie Annie, http://www.flickr.com/photos/14903992@N08/4117844607/
3. Umbrella in rain by Alberto Cerriteño, http://www.flickr.com/photos/acerriteno/5252408821/
Free water cans are available for collection.
You can get empty 50 litre capacity containers from Pizza shops. After the oil has been used, the containers are empty.
Ask at the pizza shop near you. Ask them to save some containers for you and collect them later.Read More
Zipporah and I sowed tomato seeds in a container in a sheltered, warm micro-climate on the porch.
In one pot we sowed Zicchini. The seeds germinated nicely.